Speeders

Got a pet peeve to get off your chest, or just want to say a nice word, cos you're that sort of person, then do it here.
Forum rules
RULES
1) Don't take what someone posts on a personal level, they're just venting.
2) Don't flame people, this is just a way to vent your displeasure towards what bothers you at the moment.
3) Try not to use too many 4-letter words. Communicating takes on many forms, but the best communication is via reasoning rather than sentiment.
4) Whatever you post, for whatever reason you post, don't threaten any harm or death to another person.
Roger
Wanderer
United States of America

Speeders

Post by Roger »

When driving along on the highway, freeway or city street, I realize that some drivers aren't going to adhere to the speed limit, and that's not an issue, it's when some of those drivers drive at excessive speeds with not a care to the consequences of their action.

I see single vehicular accidents caused by excessive speed all the time, mostly on the highways, like I-20 or I-77, and usually these accidents are deadly. Now if someone wants to got out and kill themselves, then that's their business, but not when they take other people along with them.

I'm not a fan of Big Brother but if we increase our use of highway cams and street cams, then so many traffic cops won't be necessary, as we can use the image to send a ticket to the owner of the car. Yes, I know, the owner might not have been at the wheel or even in the speeding car in question, but they did loan it to that person driving. Right? So the owners should be held accountable for their actions as well.

Think that's a little too draconian? Maybe it is. But, something has to be done to curb the deadly speeding so that others won't join those drivers in death.

Anyway, that's one of my many pet peeves.

What reality are you from?