The Presidential Campaign

Discussions not fitting a specific category
Roger
Wanderer
United States of America

The Presidential Campaign

Post by Roger »

If you've been keeping up with the current US presidential campaign, you'll know it's been a see-saw battle between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

I watched the Republican National Convention and the Democratic National Convention, and the only thing that really stood out is that Trump should never be president.

Why do I think that? Real simple, the guy hasn't a clue. He's so full of himself he doesn't see the reality that prevails daily, that impacts most Americans daily. Trump has been so insular within the life he's enjoyed since birth that he has no concept of what the real problems are that plague Americans. He recites the issues very well, but has no empathy to go along with his speeches. Instead, he pumps himself up through psyching himself up with self delusions and out right lies. Of course, if Trump believes the fabrications he tells, then he thinks they aren't really lies.

Honestly, you can't fight someone who lives in his own reality, because any argument used to counter whatever Trump declares is dismissed without so much as a nod of acknowledgement. Using this perspective, a US President whom ignores what he or she doesn't like because it doesn't fit their own particular reality is blinded and deafened, and inviting terrible consequences.

Anyway, I was somewhat surprised at the speech Clinton gave, following her acceptance of the Democratic nomination, as it was inspiring in a very deep way, making it a powerful motivator, no matter what political ideology a person follows.

What reality are you from?