News Feed Extension

From time to time we'll be updating the board, or adding a new extension. We'll post the date and time when a update will occur, and post when a new extension is added. So check here to see if a update is headed our way.
Admin
Wanderer
United States of America

News Feed Extension

Post by Admin »

We've installed another extension, a news feed extension; meaning that the board will be populated by news articles as the articles become available. The news feed extension checks automatically for news feeds and posts them to a specific board topic. Eventually, the news feeds will cover all sorts of topics, but for now we are simply testing to get an idea as to how well it works.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Admin
Wanderer
United States of America

Re: News Feed Extension

Post by Admin »

I believe the "News Feeds" will have to be throttled down to a more sedate number of presentations.

The board will be swamped with only news articles, and very few member's posts. Perhaps creating a exclusive forum for the news feed will alleviate this issue, among other problems that have yet to crop up.

Admin
Wanderer
United States of America

Post by Admin »

This is Gene, I created a new forum, "News of the Paranormal", and set the news feeds to display there. I think this will solve the problem stated as well as any future problems.

Maybe with all hands on deck with can kick start this baby.

BTW: Thanks for pointing that out.

Admin
Wanderer
United States of America

Post by Admin »

Gene here. I've moved all the news posts to their own forum. I'm thinking I'm going to assign a different member name (no worries to our real members, these are made up member names) to post the news stories. So that way I won't have bots doing it. Plus, I won't have to approve every single muttersuckling post made by the bots!

Also, I might break up the news posts into their specific categories, like the rest of the forum. It's a thought.

Admin
Wanderer
United States of America

Post by Admin »

Gene again. I've approved about 40 news articles, there are still 90 more. I'll get to them as soon as I can.