It isn't the Paranormal Anymore

Discussions not fitting a specific category
Roger
Wanderer
United States of America

It isn't the Paranormal Anymore

Post by Roger »

I have been interested in the mysterious, the strange, the weird, and anything paranormal for 48 years. In that time, I've read a lot of magazine articles and books (I still recall many of the Frank Edwards books I read) and seen a lot; some of the things I've seen I cannot explain, yet the events occurred and were observed by myself- sometimes others, which has lead me to think that these very strange phenomena does exist, and is not a figment of the imagination.

I have gotten some factual explanations but they've been far and few between, and but for a handful, the answers have been less than satisfactory. By that, I mean the answers have usually been neatly packaged by a third party (cop, skeptic, researcher, ect) and far from actually supplying a fact derived solution, these answers are usually as bad as what the extremists spout on the other side of the aisle.

I believe the search for a factual truth to be a worthy endeavor, despite the end result often being a big fat nothing. At least those who seek, try. That has to count for something. Right?

It used to, but not much anymore, especially when the average paranormal event turns out to be hoax. That is one huge blackeye.

Anyway, what I meant to state from the beginning is that the paranormal is not what it used to be, simply because the multitude of events, many of which are either hoaxed or misidentified, and the need to sift through a mountain of crap to get to the facts, removes the industrious researcher from the actual work of investigating a sighting or event.

That's my two cents worth.

What reality are you from?