The Probability of Extraterrestrial Life: Part Two

It's all about the weird green/gray guy; short and skinny who does a lot of probing of Earth's skies and other places.
Roger
Wanderer
United States of America

The Probability of Extraterrestrial Life: Part Two

Post by Roger »

If not humanoid then what sort of life could it be?

Honestly, for anyone to say with unwavering certainty that alien life would look like a pear tree, is a little arrogant, and not to say, ludicrous. Not that it might look like a pear tree, for a alien life-form could very resemble a fruit tree, no, its certainty that is inane.

Much the same as any scientist voicing opinions based on little or no knowledge of alien life. How can one ascertain the abundance or lack of, for alien life? Can it be done with statistical analysis? Perhaps, but how accurate would it be with putting in blind numbers?

Lets face it, we're a unpredictable and violent species. We've fought each other since time immemorial and a extraterrestrial species observing our behavior might not want to have their presence known. We might attack them. Common enemy and so forth.

Then again, maybe they are right before us, but were're too blind to see them. Who knows? I certainly don't. Nor, in my opinion, does anyone else.

So how probable is the existence of alien life? Very I'd say, only because randomness is infinite and simply don't how to search for such life. We can search as we would for a lost child, assuming that child wished to be found. But that's it. Sadly, we don't have any advanced technology that we can adapt to look for aliens.

What reality are you from?