Water, Common Wonderful Lifegiving Water... Is Weird

The practicalities and the mechanics of even the strange, mysterious and the weird, require some basis for their existence and appearances, so enter science. Here is where postulates, hypothesis', theory, and the like, is offered and discussed in support of, and even, against (constructively) such explanations.
Roger
Wanderer
United States of America

Water, Common Wonderful Lifegiving Water... Is Weird

Post by Roger »

We drink it, we grow food with it, we bathe in it, we wash things with it, we even ski and skate on it. We've been doing one of those things with it since our very existence. So water's use is not only common, but well associated with our history. Having such a long term and deep association with water what else can we know about it that we don't know already?

Well, apparently, a lot.

Scientists have been studying water (imagine that) to discover all it's secrets, and they found a couple of unexpected ones.

1) There exists a new state of water, one that forces water molecules to line up in a very strange way. Of course it's all done with snoke and mirrors, the laboratory kind, yet the results are unmistakenable
A strange new behavior of water molecules has been observed inside crystals of beryl, a type of emerald, caused by bizarre quantum-mechanical effects that let the water molecules face six different directions at the same time.
Source: https://www.livescience.com/54710-stran ... found.html

If you think playing kaleidoscope with water isn't strange enough then try this one on for size.

There are two different kinds of water in the same drinking glass at the same time. That is, the two waters have two distinctly different characteristics. Of course, it's a quantum thing, so hey, why should we bother with it. Quantum is just all theory. Right?

Wrong!

Water molecules use a quantum effect, quantum tunneling, to achieve the two different waters. It isn't just a different state of water, it's actually two different waters we drink, we bathe in, we grow food with, etc.
In the first kind of water, called "ortho-water," both hydrogens spin in the same direction. In the second kind of water, called "para-water," the hydrogen atoms spin in different directions.
Source: https://www.livescience.com/62708-water-two-kinds.html

There you have it, with just these two very strange and unexpected scientific findings we can safely state that water is weird.

And, just to be safe, I think I'll make sure to NOT bathe with crystals, and I hope water doesn't decide to seperate into it's two existences, while I'm drinking it. Talk about a queasy stomach!

What reality are you from?